• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LXI slow - software or computer?

Stacey K

I like making signs
When I have detailed EPS files and I try to add an outline or even resize, LXI says "not responding" or it takes forever. Is this something with the software or could it be I don't have enough RAM? I don't know much about computers so not sure if that's the right term. I don't seem to have issues when I use Corel so maybe it's the program?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
What do you mean by a "detailed EPS"? Does the file use a gradient fill. Sometimes a gradient fill will get broken into "stepped colors" to make up the gradient which will "bloat" the file. i.e. create too many shapes.

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
LXI is just an OEM or private branded version of Flexi as far as I know. There was just a recent thread on that.... https://signs101.com/threads/alternative-to-flexi-for-windows.161344/#post-1499180

Basically Flexi tends to choke when there is any sort of transparency effects and it also can struggle with large raster images. I personally never use EPS (if a customer provides us and eps we just open it with Illustrator and save it out as a PDF which seems to work better for us using Illustrator and Flexi). From what I remember an eps is just a vector file with a huge raster preview image embedded with it. There are a few tips in the thread linked though which might help some.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'll check that thread out thank you! Yes, it's almost exclusively when I import gradient fills. I just opened it into Corel, colored it all black, combined then sent the black blob to LXI, put it behind the art and added the outline. I would have done that in LXI but it wouldn't weld my black blob lol

Mascitti Bro

I think ive experienced what you're describing. I've learned that this happens when i import images that the resolution numbers are simply "too high", thinking if i want to change this, i'll need to upgrade my desktop to handle such images...