• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magnetic woes

dfeicke

Just a little heads-up.....

Anyone who's doing magnetic signs....keep an eye on your material, especially any signs you've done in recent months. Our profession is experiencing a rash of material going bad.

I guess the most popular material out there now is that from Magnum Magnetics. There are several others, among them was Magnetic Specialties. They were the ones I first had problems with. After a bunch of 'hoop jumping', they denied the problem was theirs. Over that time period, they also merged with Magnum Magnetics.

Several different people are now having problems, calling Magnum and either getting no response, or 'it's not our fault'. Most of the problem involves the white vinyl "face" material shrinking and/or pulling up around the edges.

We've dealt with other issues, and as a community, got the attention of the manufacturer and got things handled, like they should be. All these big companies are constantly looking for ways to produce their products cheaper.....and that's many times not the best way. We should not have to pay for their mistakes.

Just so ya know........