• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Vehicle templates

brdesign

I use Mr. Clipart to get the artwork started. Many times I get started before I have the vehicle in-hand or a photo of the actual vehicle. Once I have a decent photo I upload it and scale it to the template. I can get everything close enough for the proof to be approved. When I have the vehicle in-hand then I take detailed measurements and cut/print at that point. My final proofs look similar to Accent Signs. Customers really like to see the artwork on the actual vehicle vs. a generic template.
I have found the Art Station and Pro Vehicle Outline templates to be much more accurate in size than some of the templates I have used from Mr. Clipart. I met one of the founders of Mr. Clipart at a trade show about 20 years ago he came off as kind of a jerk who did nothing but talk trash about Pro Vehicle Outlines that was in a nearby booth. I found this a good source for templates if you don't want to spend for the entire collection at once https://www.signelements.com/