• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mark scan error?

good afternoon,
we have the fc 7000-160 Mk2 series & intermitently when trying to read the registration marks it will cause a mark scan error. tried laminated & non laminated materials with no change. has this happened to any of you. thanks ---Sean

rcboats1

I have been having the same problem. Last week had to reset the machine to factory defaults to get it to do anything and it seems to be working ok at this point. Make sure that the setting for the reg mark is set correctly. Mine had gotten set to .80 and it would do a thing until I set it to .52.

PM me if you need any more info, I now know way too much about this machines settings, (but still not enough, for sure).

signguy95

Make sure you are set to type 2 marks and the you are printing the type 2 marks also. These are the one that the 2 ends meet outwards from the print not in towards the print. I couldn't get mine to read the type 1, then I re-read my manual and they state to use the type 2 when contour cutting!

Jay