• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Poster Paper Black level

ABBOTARTDEPT

I found a roll of presentation grade matte poster paper. Was tinkering with printing jpeg images on it. looks great except for the black levels. they sort of gray out a bit. I usually print onto decal or banner material. If i get the paper looking right i can start outputing posters. Any tips on darkening the black?

Using FLEXI 7.4
Mimaki jv3-160

ABBOTARTDEPT

Not sure where to change that setting. Im new at this position and have been using flexi and the mimaki for a couple months. I used to be one of the studio artists until this position opened. I got a handle on the things i use most often. But ive never messed with the ink mix levels.

oakcitysigns

Ah, well, I'm afraid I can't help. I'm not all that familiar with Flexi, especially Flexi RIP. I was thinking of changing the settings of vector objects in your design program. My only other suggestion would be to try profiles for several different medias, if you haven't already. Sorry I can't be of much help, but good luck.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
CMYK:
Bitmap: relative colormetric
Vector: spot color
Text: Spot color
Gradient: Relative colormetric

Try setting bitmap to 'perceptual' and gradient to 'Spot'. Perceptual generally gives a more robust and predictable bitmap and Spot yields far more predictable gradients.