• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Meaning of Eco Ultra ink manufacture code?

mutohseven

Hi all, I'm new here and I have my first question for you long time experts :)

I'm working on a Rockhopper II 64/Falcon II printer and I am using ECO ultra ink casettes (original Mutoh).

On the end of the casette/cartridge, says: Manufactured 2I7 (or 2H7, 2D8 ect)
What does each letter in this three digit code mean? I guess 2H7 means made in the ear 2007, but what does the 'H' mean?

I'm also very curious to know what is the maximum age of ink of this type, before it expires and starts being a possible source of problem?

My story is that I suspect the Ink (yellow in my case) is causing me problems because of age. I talked to my service provider and seller of supplies for Mutoh in my country, but got fussy and uncertain answers?? They claimed they weren't sure about these codes, they tried fixing just about anything except changing the head, and now at last they are suggesting to change the head but I am not convinced .

ahollow

My guess would be the 2 stand for Ultra inks, the letter stands for the month )A=Jan, B=Feb, etc) and, as you stated, the 7 (or 8) for the year.

ahollow

PS: you may want to make a quick post introducing yourself, before some folks start jumping up and down and peeing their pants.

mutohseven

quick post

PS: you may want to make a quick post introducing yourself, before some folks start jumping up and down and peeing their pants.

Well, this is not exactly a "quick" post, but here it goes...:)

I have been employed in the sign making business from late year 2000. I have been 97% working with films and printings, applying them, laminating them, cutting - but only last 2 months I have been the sole caretaker of a printer department. Even though I have some experience handling printers (also Mutho Viper textile printer) , I'm learning new things faster now than ever before, because printers are my main focus now...

S

Sign-Man Signs

Never understand the reason for "introducing yourself". It's forum. You can answer or not. Hi, I'm Steve, I'm a sign maker. Sorta like a AA meeting. Never really mattered to me.....just venting sorry.

Techman

Never understand the reason for "introducing yourself"

Every one knows that when entering a room.,, Any room anywhere you always say hi first to those in already there. And if you do not know every one in that room you always introduce your self.

That is just plain old common manners.

Now if someone from another country comes in and is not sure about the customs,, then all is forgiven..

Color Dude

Mutohseven

Getting back to the original post. The expiration dates should be on label itself. The proper ink stamp is on the end of the cartridge that is inserted into the printer. Has a letter with a circle around it. You should always check this before inserting new carts. I have seen the wrong color of ink in some carts before. For example yellow in cyan labeled/stamped cartridge. Was a while back but I have seen it. Also the cards that are on the carts are designed for each particular printer that requires chips. That code could very well be the code stating which card goes on that cart. I dont know. I have been dealing with Mutoh printers for 5 years and I never noticed that until you stated it.

Welcome to the board