• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media End Message????????????????

DRPSignsNGrafix

OK i load a brand new roll of Orcal 3651 on my Mutoh 1604 and it says media end? I load something else it has no problem. Why does it think there is no media in the machine with this roll? Any one have any ideas?

msrobere

Just curious, you are loading roll in the middle correct. I don't try to ask such a silly question but i have done it myself.

signage

Mike look in the manual it should show you were the media sensors are, it sounds like you are missing it and the sensor is seeing nothing!

DRPSignsNGrafix

OK this was weird. It was within the sensors. I printed another job on some different material, then took and reloaded this. And guess what no problem. LOL must have been one of those mornings.

signage

Sounds like light some how hit the sensor and caused that. Do you have lights directly about your machine or is it near a window where the light may be coming in and getting to the sensor? Also make sure you do not have a hump in the media near the sensor! Glad to hear you got it working!

Jackpine

Glad my printer isn't a "brand named" spoiled brat. Last time I checked I am still the boss.......hope my wife didn't hear that.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I think it was spoiled over the long weekend and just wanted to stay sleeping. LOL Oh well it's been up and running great all day long now. No problems at all. Oh Yeah.

cOrKinSA

A buddy of mine had that problem happen often so he would slip a tiny piece of darker vinyl above the film to fool the sensor.