• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MGA illustration for a T shirt

signmeup

I've been having fun drawing cars the last week or so in my spare time(!) and I'd like to get this one a T shirt for the up-coming British heritage car show. Just a single shirt for myself to see if there is any interest. Will the design work for this? I know absolutely nothing about this.

I want to put it on a gray shirt. What process would work for this? Is DTG the way to go or inkjet transfer or?

Also... I'm having trouble with the front bumper and bumperettes. If anyone can tell me what to do to make them look right, that would be great.

Attachments

• MGA2s.jpg
    MGA2s.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 85

WildWestDesigns

If you are wanting a light gray shirt even sublimation will work. Just as long as you do Polyester, which I've actually grown to like even more then cotton or blends. Especially for outside work.

signmeup

Thanks Wildwest. I don't know what sublimation entails but I'll Google it. I should mention that if I can get anyone interested in buying these I will want a way to do it. I have a buddy who does sports jerseys so I have access to a proper heat press. Is there something heat pressed that I could order the prints and do the pressing myself?

Last edited:

signmeup

Bump. Hoping for more info. Like what is the best way to do this? Is there a best way or are there many options that will produce a good result?

I also have access to a Roland 540sp(?) printer. Can they be used to make shirt transfers?

I remember a member who posted neat videos about different shirt making techniques but now I can't find them. They were a merchant I think. Anyone? Anyone?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd like to help but we just don't wear shirts here..
Nice work on the drawing.
Take a second look at the shadow on the mirror - you have it going slightly to the rear of the car but the main shadow under the car is projecting out the front.

wayne k
guam usa

WildWestDesigns

The 3 best for t shirts in my opinion are sublimation, DTG, and screenprint. If you can get passed the light colored polyester requirement, I think sublimation is the best overall. It doesnt add any weight or hand to the shirt and because you are dying the fibers of the shirt it is the best for handling washing.

As to your printer, you can do heat transfers with it.

signmeup

I'd like to help but we just don't wear shirts here..
Nice work on the drawing.
Take a second look at the shadow on the mirror - you have it going slightly to the rear of the car but the main shadow under the car is projecting out the front.

wayne k
guam usa
No shirts eh? Even the ladies?

Good catch on the mirror shadow. I fudged the shadow under the car and forgot about the mirror.

signmeup

The 3 best for t shirts in my opinion are sublimation, DTG, and screenprint. If you can get passed the light colored polyester requirement, I think sublimation is the best overall. It doesnt add any weight or hand to the shirt and because you are dying the fibers of the shirt it is the best for handling washing.

As to your printer, you can do heat transfers with it.
I'll have to see what a polyester shirt is like. I suspect I've probably seen these types of shirt but never really looked. I'll have to ask around locally and see if anyone does this sublimation stuff around here.

WildWestDesigns

I'll have to see what a polyester shirt is like. I suspect I've probably seen these types of shirt but never really looked. I'll have to ask around locally and see if anyone does this sublimation stuff around here.

Vapor Apparel is probably the best bang for you buck with shirts designed for sublimation. I do like how they feel and handle as well. They used to have a Canada supplier, but I don't know if they still do or not.

I just got one of their low-profile 6 panel hats that I'm going to see how that works. Sometimes people want too complex of a pattern for embroidery at that size and sometimes print is the only thing that works.

Any light colored 100% poly shirt should work. I've used Augusta Sportswear as well, but you are paying quite a bit for that brand, but that's what the client wanted, so that's what they got.