• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Michigan is a great state!!

rederr

New member also from Michigan. Been a sign painted/wall dog since 1956. Now my joy is restoring old fire apparatus. I do a lot of repro parts in brass and a line of water transfer decals like the ones used on old fire trucks. When the Roland PC 60 came out a number of years ago, I got one and loved what it could do for small decals with a great gold and silver and the ability to cut that could not be matched with any other machine at the time. I had a fire at my shop last spring and lost my computers and machine. Now I have a Roland PC 600 but I have a problem with software. I am a MAC guy and had the correct software to run my PC 60 on my old MAC OS 8. Now I cannot find Roland's color choice program to work on my new MAC OS 10. Any Ideas??
Thanks
Ken

MikePro

i plan on trying to run my rip software via bootcamp on my mac pro.
i think there was a thread about rip software operation on the mac somewhere here but I believe everyone keeps with PC because all the software has always been geared towards windows os.

Jack Knight1979

I setup boot camp of my mac pro and then ran parallels. I setup two processor and a gig of ram to boot camp and it works pretty good, but glitchy over time.

So I removed BC and parallels and I'm running a cheap-o pc with my rip software via VNC. I love it. No monitor, keyboard, mouse hooked up to the machine. Just power and ethernet.

Bill Modzel

Wow, you were still running OS 8? Amazing. Amazing more is a functioning Roland PC 600.
I have kept an older Mac G4 just to run my Gerber Edge on Illy 10. A set up like that with a used Edge would fulfill everything that you Roland does and more. But, finding Illustrator 10 AND MacImprint would be a huge obstacle too as Gerber has never updated it past Illy 10.

If indeed you can find windows drivers for your Roland, running Parallels would be your simpler solution. I've been running Windows XP for three years now on my Mac Pro just for my RIP. It seems a bit clunky but that's just the Windows OS. It functions fine though and it's running all the time with my setup. Very stable except for occasional lost USB connection to the HP 9000s which requires a Windows reboot to hook up again.

If your ever up north in Traverse City, look me up.