• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki and Computer Issues...Help please.

PrintingSol

I just wanna make signs...
So I have a Mimaki CJV30-160 and a recently moved shop locations.

At my previous shop the Mimaki worked fine without any issues.

Now at my new shop I have upgraded computers and can't get my Mimaki to connect at all.
It wont even connect to my old computer or any for that matter.

The cables work fine, its a regular A to B cable. Whenever I try to connect other plotters with the same cable they connect without an issue.

I have tried everything. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them including all USB drivers and Mimaki drivers as well.

Whenever I connect the Mimaki to one of my computers to the same USB hub as my mouse/keyboard, both my mouse and keyboard stop functioning but LED's remain on. I have to disconnect the Mimaki and restart my computer so the mouse and keyboard function again.

At one time whenever I would connect the Mimaki I would get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" and tried just about every method there was to fix the issue and nothing helped.

Whenever I connect the Mimaki to my older computer, the computer just turns off/wont turn on until I disconnect the Mimaki.

The new computer has a 850 Watt Power Supply while the old computer only has a 500 watt power supply.

I have yet to jump a breaker at this location, so I don't think its an electrical issue.

I have both the Mimaki and the computer on a power surge.

Any help would be nice, I don't believe the machine was damage while it was being transported to different locations. My next step is getting a technician to look at the Mimaki but if you have any recommendations please say them.

Efrain

So I have a Mimaki CJV30-160 and a recently moved shop locations.

At my previous shop the Mimaki worked fine without any issues.

Now at my new shop I have upgraded computers and can't get my Mimaki to connect at all.
It wont even connect to my old computer or any for that matter.

The cables work fine, its a regular A to B cable. Whenever I try to connect other plotters with the same cable they connect without an issue.

I have tried everything. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them including all USB drivers and Mimaki drivers as well.

Whenever I connect the Mimaki to one of my computers to the same USB hub as my mouse/keyboard, both my mouse and keyboard stop functioning but LED's remain on. I have to disconnect the Mimaki and restart my computer so the mouse and keyboard function again.

At one time whenever I would connect the Mimaki I would get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" and tried just about every method there was to fix the issue and nothing helped.

Whenever I connect the Mimaki to my older computer, the computer just turns off/wont turn on until I disconnect the Mimaki.

The new computer has a 850 Watt Power Supply while the old computer only has a 500 watt power supply.

I have yet to jump a breaker at this location, so I don't think its an electrical issue.

I have both the Mimaki and the computer on a power surge.

Any help would be nice, I don't believe the machine was damage while it was being transported to different locations. My next step is getting a technician to look at the Mimaki but if you have any recommendations please say them.
It's possible that the USB connection is the challenge. As far as the unknown device in windows, that's simply a driver issue. We solved three issues like this at SIGN IT RIGHT this week in Texas. it's the first time we seen the challenge and it popped up three times. Should be a simple fix but need to make sure wires are all seeded properly, especially after a move.