• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-160 Vinyl Waste Between Executions

jordanteampride

Hello all,

Big fan of this forum. Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I have a Mimaki CJV150-160 that we use to print & cut vinyl for heat pressed garments.
When I started the job, I was just a graphic designer who had to learn this machine that had been touched by dozens of people-- none of which ever seemed to have had very much success.

I started fresh and installed all software, profiles, drivers, etc. and everything is going great! I finally think we're running smoothly.

The only problem I have is that my machine feeds too much vinyl in between executions. Is there a setting for this? It is always the same amount (7 in. or so). It's about as wide as the platen so I also wonder if it is necessary?

I have looked in the manual and all over these forums and haven't found a solution. Any help would be appreciated!

See attached images of the space I am referring to. It occurs between each print.

Workflow is Adobe Illustrator > Mimaki Rasterlink 6

df image1.jpg

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
I have a CJV150-75 and there always is about 8-9 inches leader for the first run. if I have planned my jobs correctly, I can run the second design and do not have this waste. When I "cut" the material after a job, then the leader material happens. I also have a GCC Jaguar IV, so I can use the waste leader material here, of course 1 color jobs with the GCC machine. Laura

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you use sheet cutoff it advances some. Just move it back before you start the next print, not a big deal.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a Cut System parameter #53 "Home X" that is supposed to adjust that unused space but in my experience it doesn't actually change anything.

jambobird

I have a CJV150-75 and there always is about 8-9 inches leader for the first run. if I have planned my jobs correctly, I can run the second design and do not have this waste. When I "cut" the material after a job, then the leader material happens. I also have a GCC Jaguar IV, so I can use the waste leader material here, of course 1 color jobs with the GCC machine. Laura
Hi Laura did you ever get this solved

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
jambobird, I finally figured it out. It is "FEED" I asked a tech and here is the answer: The "View Feed" in the machine setup is only as an on off option.

Laura - aka - Aunt LuLu