• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-75 Convert to DTF

idydltd

Anyone have any thoughts on converting a CJV150 to a DTF machine?
The new Mimaki machine is exactly the same it just has different dampers, I read somewhere there was a guy in the USA doing it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I believe the other main difference is the heaters. The CJV150 heaters go up to about 122 degrees where the DTF machine needs to get up in the 300 degree range. Other than that it's all about tricking the machine into letting you use the ink.

Smoke_Jaguar

If you just want to slap down the ink, lots of DX7 compatible inks. Just get some refillable carts and load them up. Fun part is the shaker and oven.

idydltd

I believe the other main difference is the heaters. The CJV150 heaters go up to about 122 degrees where the DTF machine needs to get up in the 300 degree range. Other than that it's all about tricking the machine into letting you use the ink.
Yeah but the print has to go through a powder / curing machine anyway and you can set the temp yourself on the cjv. If there was a rip software for it yoi could do it easily.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
We have a TxF300 and it would be amazing if we could convert our JV160 over. I'm not sure how it would handle the white ink though as our TxF is circulating ink so often it's a little frustrating but it also manages to have practically zero white ink issues and hums along happily all day long. A single head machine sure would be slow though and I would wonder if it's worth the investment and space (we're in Hawaii and space is $$$$) versus buying a faster smaller unit with 2+ heads.

Can't wait for 3rd party ink to be available for our mimaki. Pricing on oem isn't actually that bad but you change cartridges non-stop with the amount of white ink that printer goes through.

Smoke_Jaguar

White ink is a nightmare without a proper circulation system, had lots of folks ask me to work on their crappy Chinese UV printers and it's always the main issue.

dudeinthemoon

You can’t make txf from cjv, the machine will not know what to do with cutter head, but I don’t see any difficulties of doing it from regular jv150/300

idydltd

my CJV150 already has recirculating lines on it, just no software to tell the printer how to lay the ink down