• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 No Magenta on Right side

idydltd

Hi,

Basically I had an issue on my cjv, I lost a couple of channels did the following:

New cap
New Pump
New damper (both colours went into that damper)

Got the engineer out discovered there was a small dint on the head

Ordered this: https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/en/cjv300-5540-head-assy-without-memory-board-m015372

Engineer showed me how to fit however I could not get the cap aligned ink refills were pushing air into the ink lines but no suction to pull into the head, so I had to leave it over xmas until I could get another engineer out to align properly.

Engineer came got it sorted however the right side of the magenta is totally gone, it will not show at all on the new head, yellow was dropping out a lot but has come back after long head soaks.

Since then I replaced a couple of dampers again to make sure the ones fitted with the new head hadn't dried out when left.

Also replaced the head cables, now looking to replace the orange cable on the front of the head........

I shined a torch under the head when cleaning and you can see magenta coming through the head on the right side, its just not showing on the cap / printing
Any other ideas, really annoying having the machine down for so long.

Thanks

Last edited:

idydltd

20240112_132136.jpg

dudeinthemoon

That’s common problem with jv/cjv150, the printhead is usually slightly shifted on capping, no big deal about that with the only exception - cap base has to be replaced very often, not less than once a year. The rubber on old cap can easily bend the printhead surface, most likely right magenta will be crooked or completely missing. Unfortunately you need new printhead to fix that

dudeinthemoon

Hi,

Thanks but I fitted a new head and the cap top is new as well.
Sorry I missed it. In case if new head not firing magenta and you sure there’s nothing wrong with capping position and the cap is in good condition, make sure the cap is properly installed and third connector at the bottom of the cap is closed. The cap has three holes at the bottom, two of them connected to ink pump, third has to be closed. This easily might be forgotten if cap was replaced. This will cause air leak in the cap and printhead won’t fill up properly.

idydltd

Yeah I think the airflow is ok, engineer said it could be a signal issue, any experience with electrical issues causing this problem?

Thanks

LEDQueen

Yeah I think the airflow is ok, engineer said it could be a signal issue, any experience with electrical issues causing this problem?

Thanks
Did you replace the head memory cable? If so, can you reply with the part number you used to order it? Similar issue at a client. Can’t find the head memory cable part number and I’d like to replace that before replacing the slider board. Thanks!