• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 Cartridge Issue

JetPress

Recently our CJV30-160 started giving me this error and all but the magenta cartridges became undetectable. In order to work around this I would have to take out and reinsert each cartridge. Another odd thing is when this started happening I noticed the ink levels displayed on the printer are not accurate. For instance I have a full cartridge of black ink inserted and the display reads it as "1" (almost empty) when it should read "9" (full). I don't know if the two are related but my guess they are.

Cartridge Issue.jpg

IntegralPrint

Recently our CJV30-160 started giving me this error and all but the magenta cartridges became undetectable. In order to work around this I would have to take out and reinsert each cartridge. Another odd thing is when this started happening I noticed the ink levels displayed on the printer are not accurate. For instance I have a full cartridge of black ink inserted and the display reads it as "1" (almost empty) when it should read "9" (full). I don't know if the two are related but my guess they are.

View attachment 151860
Hello,
got you solved it ?!
I have the same issue, BUT all is RED..... moved my catridges from 30-60 to 30-160............

JetPress

I still have the issue. The cartridges read fine if I moved them to our 150-160 printers so I know for sure it has something to do with the 30-160. Hopefully someone might see this thread and have a few answers.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In local mode, hit enter, then function. It should tell you what the cartridge error is. Let us know what it says.

IntegralPrint

JUST GOT IT BACK......... setup printhead.. printed some tests.. YEEEEEAAAHHHHH

.....then I screwed everything back together and nothing worked anymore.......

the output:
WRONG INK IC -M___Y_K
Expiration: 2MONTH M_CCY_K_
Expiration _M___Y_K

I have 2 sets of permanent chips, they are working fine on my 30-60 and 30-100.........

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
JUST GOT IT BACK......... setup printhead.. printed some tests.. YEEEEEAAAHHHHH

.....then I screwed everything back together and nothing worked anymore.......

the output:
WRONG INK IC -M___Y_K
Expiration: 2MONTH M_CCY_K_
Expiration _M___Y_K

I have 2 sets of permanent chips, they are working fine on my 30-60 and 30-100.........

Do your permanent chips have a reset button or are they just meant to be permanent without a reset button? The reason I ask is because the CJV30s store the chip serial numbers in memory and most permanent chips need a re-setter that changes the serial number for it to work. Even the ones with a re-setter need to have the serial numbers refreshed after a certain amount of time. My guess is the chips are failing on the CJV30 and not the other machine because they have run out of serial numbers to feed the printer.

IntegralPrint

THERE ARE permanents with a reset button - that´s cool ;)

I just found a solution thats works fine for me, TRY TO REMOVE THE BIOS BATTERY at least for 5 minutes and start up again ;P
IF you get stressed with that BATTERY REPLACE beep - do a SOFT-OFF-ON ........

BTW - I will order a new ORG set of ink, in my experience the ork INK is 1000times BETTER then ANY (even)"HIGH"Quality comptible INK out there !!!!

IF THERE is a HACK to disable that INK CHIP PROOF - THANKS FOR SHARING ;)

espace-visuel

THERE ARE permanents with a reset button - that´s cool ;)

I just found a solution thats works fine for me, TRY TO REMOVE THE BIOS BATTERY at least for 5 minutes and start up again ;P
IF you get stressed with that BATTERY REPLACE beep - do a SOFT-OFF-ON ........

BTW - I will order a new ORG set of ink, in my experience the ork INK is 1000times BETTER then ANY (even)"HIGH"Quality comptible INK out there !!!!

IF THERE is a HACK to disable that INK CHIP PROOF - THANKS FOR SHARING ;)
Hello, I tried this method on a CJV150-160 and it worked. I don't understand how to make a SOFT-OFF-ON.
Thank you.

Removed, my BIOS battery for 5 minutes and it's fixed
Now getting a Bad bios battery error
So ran to RiteAid and bought a new battery........All Fixed

After the initial Power on with the side toggle button
I did have to do a Soft Power off then on again (using the front button)
to get rid of the Battery error

Thanks for the suggestion best regards

Last edited: