• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki Cjv30-160 Magenta Color Gone Before And After Print

JoshPM

Hi,

I've been having issues with my Mimaki CJV30-160. Everything started when I'd print, sometimes the magenta color would just disappear. I'd have to open the channels and suck the ink out to bring the Magenta back. At this point things got pretty serious. Now everytime I want to print I need to do that because the color is half gone or completely gone. I've already change the dampers for both Magenta color and also the cap station.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.

OmegaAdv

I have something like you on my jv3 black color - if you are with third party inks - First wash your cassete and put new ink there. Other thing is to have to have clogging or leaking in the line. Olso the pumps are consumables.

97GTB

Did you open the cartridge valves before sucking the ink out? Also did you use a lot of pressure when sucking the ink?
More than likely you've sucked the diaphragm off the pin inside the valve. Even if you open the valves, only slowly pull the ink through.

OmegaAdv

I disconect the line before dumper, also my dumpers was new. I sucked the line with syringe 25cc.. If you have vacuum it is clogging in cassete or in line.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A common issue with the CJV30 series is that the cap slider wears down over time and causes the cap to not line up properly with the head. I have run into this many times. Change the cap slider and I bet that will fix our issue. The symptom almost always happens on the magenta first. It's a cheap fix too!