• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 for sublimationprinting ?!

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Yes you can. There is info if you search the forum.

-flush the whole ink system with solvent cleaning fluid
-make sure you did step one VERY VERY WELL. If you mix solvent and sublimation ink it will gel up and clog the heads and kill them.
-flush the solvent flush out with sublimation cleaning fluid
-fill with sublimation ink (it's easiest to just use Mimaki sublimation ink)
-set the printer to the sublimation ink set in your rip (might be on the printer as well, I can't remember)
-print

IntegralPrint

Yes you can. There is info if you search the forum.

-flush the whole ink system with solvent cleaning fluid
-make sure you did step one VERY VERY WELL. If you mix solvent and sublimation ink it will gel up and clog the heads and kill them.
-flush the solvent flush out with sublimation cleaning fluid
-fill with sublimation ink (it's easiest to just use Mimaki sublimation ink)
-set the printer to the sublimation ink set in your rip (might be on the printer as well, I can't remember)
-print
THANKS for your reply.....
As I would need a new print head, my plan is to renew the complete ink system too....

BUT I cant see any other INK choise, SS21 or ES ink only available........ (RasterLink and Mimaki....)
And I need WHITE color.... ?!

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, I think that you might not quite understand sublimation ink. This changeover process isn't extremely difficult but if you're a beginner I caution trying to do this yourself.

1.) Sublimation ink is water based and is NOT opaque. There is no suck thing as white sublimation ink. You will be installing CMYK ink.
2.) You need SB54 ink. You can get it from multiple places but Calcomp is a great source https://www.calcompgs.com/Mimaki-Sb54-Dye-Sublimation-Ink-440ml-Cart.
3.) If your print heat doesn't have any problems you do NOT need a new print head. You just need to flush all the solvent ink out first and then switch to sublimation ink. You don't need to change out the ink lines either but I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend installing new dampers. Solventinkjet.com is a great source for that as well.
4.) If you do need a new print head because yours is clogged or damaged I would suggest solventinkjet.com
5.) If you are using Rasterlink you can set it to use whichever inkset you want. You just set it to SB54 and this will change the color profiles and settings so that it prints correctly with this new ink.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
You may have to update the firmware or upgrade rasterlink to see the SB54 option. I think we upgraded rasterlink and it showed up then when we converted our JV300. Sorry, I'm not sure on this one but it is an option, you just need to be on the right version of the software to be able to choose it.