• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki heat settings

John Miller

While printing yesterday, I had an issue with media warping/buckling Can someone please tell me the general temperature settings for printing Arlon 4500GTX? pre print temp, print temp & post print temp

Many thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The rule of thumb is as hot as possible without buckling so it's sort of trial and error. In general I am in the mid 30's for pre and platen and 50 for post. Post can be high because it doesn't really affect the vinyl during the print.

John Miller

Arlon told me 40 42 & 55. The reason for my post is those numbers seemed too high to me. I feel yours are probably better, thanks.

micadesign

i don't use arlon, but with my setup triangle ink, jv300-160 printer and avery media i use normally 45/45/50. it dry fast enough so i can print a cut contour immediately or laminate without any issue.