• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki JFX200 - Y Motor help

jdwilliams1

We have a few JFX200 flatbeds and one of them has a very high pitched whiny sound has the head goes back and forth. Is this a full Y motor replacement?

Also another printer is saying replace Y motor brushes. I suppose this could be the problem with both? Any sood sources out there for the Y motor and Y motor brushes?

Thanks

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
There may be easier solutions to this. Last time I had a weird noise like this I just lubed the white toothed drive belt with bar soap (go very gently with it) and noise went away. Another time it was just a bearing replaced on top of the motor. Just some cheaper options to try before replacing a whole motor.

jdwilliams1

There may be easier solutions to this. Last time I had a weird noise like this I just lubed the white toothed drive belt with bar soap (go very gently with it) and noise went away. Another time it was just a bearing replaced on top of the motor. Just some cheaper options to try before replacing a whole motor.
Thanks Adam, that is a great idea, I am going to jump on withour supply house to get some of this ordered. Was not aware you could get the bearing without the motor