• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV 33 -160 Print issue

MurphyPrinter

Hello, I have recently run into this issue with my printer having faded lines around the edges. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? My head is not clogged

Attachments

• processed-CC25837B-BA95-4B13-B348-7947577F7475.jpeg
    processed-CC25837B-BA95-4B13-B348-7947577F7475.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 118

Hoze

Printhead alignment, not sure how to solve it, but try printing unidirectional, that should help for now

Ogre

To me looks like you have two issues.
First is a nozzle deflection on black ink. This happened to me with ES3 ink everytime. Always the ES3 black ink did nozzle deflection after a while even on brand new printheads.
Second, indeed, looks like you need a drop position correction. Do this first but make sure you do the correction to the resolutions and speed used by you to print. If the alignment is not satisfactory, you can try the average correction in Service Mode then the fine Drop Pos. in the normal print mode.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Ogre, looks like there’s a lot of deflection in your print head so the nozzles are not dropping straight. Can cause some issues like this. What does your test draw look like? Is it happening in other colors?

For me, humidity plays a huge role in my print head quality. If it’s too dry, this can happen for me with water based inks. Unsure if it’s an issue for others and different inks. So my print room has a specialty humidity control and ac unit to keep it as constant 45-55 % and 70-73degrees 24/7

Last edited:

MurphyPrinter

I agree with Ogre, looks like there’s a lot of deflection in your print head so the nozzles are not dropping straight. Can cause some issues like this. What does your test draw look like? Is it happening in other colors?

For me, humidity plays a huge role in my print head quality. If it’s too dry, this can happen for me with water based inks. Unsure if it’s an issue for others and different inks. So my print room has a specialty humidity control and ac unit to keep it as constant 45-55 % and 70-73degrees 24/7
Thanks for the reply. Might have to test humidity of the office space I have it in. Here is my test print. The deflection seems to be only very bad when going horizontally but not vertical. EDIT: I have tried a print in normal scan speed and it comes out 80% better. Still want to be able to use high speed though.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

MurphyPrinter

To me looks like you have two issues.
First is a nozzle deflection on black ink. This happened to me with ES3 ink everytime. Always the ES3 black ink did nozzle deflection after a while even on brand new printheads.
Second, indeed, looks like you need a drop position correction. Do this first but make sure you do the correction to the resolutions and speed used by you to print. If the alignment is not satisfactory, you can try the average correction in Service Mode then the fine Drop Pos. in the normal print mode.
would you happen to know why my printer starts printing a feint line going up the right side of my print? it happens on mostly every print now and it starts even before the actual print.