• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150-160 smearing problem

kyonthinh

Hi guys,
I'm sorry for bothering you guys again but I have too many problems with this machine. So I fixed the black output problem but now it has smearing problem. It wont appear in the whole print but instead there is a space between smearing lines. I tried to increase the resolution and pass but it is still the same. I printed on backlit paper with unidirectional.

Attachments

• _DSC0006.JPG
    _DSC0006.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 210
  • _DSC0007.JPG
    _DSC0007.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 90

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That looks like the media buckled to me. Anytime your media looks wavy on the platen, those areas will look like this. Usually you just need to lower the heat a bit to cut down on buckling but also make sure your vacuum is set to high.

kyonthinh

That looks like the media buckled to me. Anytime your media looks wavy on the platen, those areas will look like this. Usually you just need to lower the heat a bit to cut down on buckling but also make sure your vacuum is set to high.
Thank you very much