• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki jv150 encoder

Rhyno

Hi I have a Mimaki jv150 that was all fine untill giving the error HDC 509 POSCNT. So contacted a few of Mimaki techs and they recommend to change encoder strip as well as the reader pcb. Done that with no luck and next up was replacing the Y motor. Thanx to this forum managed to get in to the maintenance menu and did a encoder test.the motor encoder seem to be working fine but the encoder read fine from capping station to the far left end..but coming back it read much less in relation to the m-encoder. Is there any setting to change this. The machine also give alot of HDC Lenc POS ERRORS on start up.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the E reading is a lot different than the M reading, you're right in thinking the motor is working properly. For some reason the linear encoder is not reading properly. If the sensor and strip are new, maybe the sensor is not installed perfectly? It should be straddling the strip and shouldn't touch the strip at any point. If that all looks good, the only thing I can think of is a faulty HDC board or other board in the machine. The motor encoder reports to main board directly but the linear encoder reports through the HDC to the main board.