• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 pump maybe

CL Graphics

I came in today to get caught up on a few things. Did a test print and was missing most of my yellow and half the cyan. Cleaned everything and still the same. Did fillup ink. Still pretty much the same. Then noticed there is air yellow lines and one of the blue lines coming into the print head. After searching on here it sounds like it could be the pump. Am I on the right track. If so where is the pump located and how do I change it. What does a pump cost and who stocks them. Machine is 2 years old. JV3 130 SP2. Never had any problems with it before now. Any help is appreciated. I need to get this thing going asap.

TheSnowman

I had to replace my pumps about 6 months ago probably. I hadn't ever heard of them going out, but I guess they do. Mine was about 3 years old when it went out. I called Advantage and they talked me through what I needed, sent it to me so I had it next day, and then they walked me through what I had to do over the phone. Took me about an hour to do the first one, and 10 minutes to do the 2nd one. Once you figure it out, it's not that hard.

CL Graphics

Did your printer have air in the lines and a bad test print. My yellow dampers are also empty. I just called grimco and the tech told me it may be the damper or an oring. he said if it will suck fluid out of the capping station the pump is fine. That doesnt add up to me. whats the odds of the cyan and yellow having the same problem at the same time. It seems it has to be something that both colors share. I am assuming the pump has to be the problem. do I need to keep looking or just change the pump.

CL Graphics

I pulled ink through the 2 empty yellow dampers and one yellow cyan with a syringe and got my test print back and the air out of the lines. I am in the middle of adjusting the capping station now. Once thats done I am going to do a fill up ink and see if the dampers stay full. But I still have no idea how the air got in the lines in the first place. Any ideas. Do any of the parts such as pumps, dampers, capping stations need to be replaced on a 2 year old machine as part of a maintenance schedule.

TheSnowman

I don't remember what the test print did, but I just quit being able to print in a couple different colors I remember, and then I found out that two colors go through each pump, so I just replaced both pumps cause they both work about as much as the other...so might as well take care of it all.

If you are in a HUGE hurry, call Advantage and have them send in a tech, but you'll pay a lot. If you have time to experiement, I'd get Advantage on the phone (or if you didn't buy your Mimaki from them, whoever you bought from) and see if they can walk you through it.

CL Graphics

I got it printing again but I pretty much decided I am going to change the pumps, capping stations, and dampers. I dont have time for this thing to go down again. Any suggestions on where to but these parts and what I should expect to pay. I will most likely buy from grimco unless theres a better deal to be found.