• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV300-160 error (bought used machine)

bdeleeuw1

Hello people,

First of all I would like to thank the forum. I bought a used Mimaki printer and it had some errors. With the help of the forums I was able to solve some errors already. There was a fuse blown on the PCB on top of the print head. After replacing that the pritner would turn on and I was able to read media.

But here's my problem, whenever I start to do a job or a testprint I get the following error:
ERROR 187, HDC SLEW RATE [_2 ]

The thing is that I bought this machine for only 500 euros since it didn't work. Now I was hoping to get it running before I start investing in it. I don't want to spend thousands of euros to later find out that it's a lost cause.

I hope any of you have an idea of what it could be and what I could check. I already measured all the fuses and I checked all the flatcables. I didn't replace anything, like I said, I don't want to invest yet.

Thanks very much in advance and have a nice day!

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
HI bdeleeuw1, I do not know about this error but I found a manual online that might help give you a starting point. It mentions, Waveform, I am unsure exactly what it means but i know in my rip software I have that term in my settings that has been set up by someone else. unsure if it is related.

Soon i will also have a JV300-160, so id like to follow the post for resources in the future. good luck

bdeleeuw1

Not sure about the 300-160, but this thread https://www.signs101.com/threads/mimaki-jfx200.158217/ is for the jfx200 and may be similar, looks like it may be the fiber optic cable. I would read through there and see if something works for you.
Thanks for your answer Adam. I read this thread yesterday and to be honest, I cannot find the optic cable... I also cannot find it anywhere online so I'm not sure if there's one in this printer.

bdeleeuw1

HI bdeleeuw1, I do not know about this error but I found a manual online that might help give you a starting point. It mentions, Waveform, I am unsure exactly what it means but i know in my rip software I have that term in my settings that has been set up by someone else. unsure if it is related.

Soon i will also have a JV300-160, so id like to follow the post for resources in the future. good luck
Hey Hbb2008,

Thanks for your answer. I didn't get the chance to have my software connected to the printer yet. Might be it's a setting within the printer. I will see what I can find about it.
It's a very nice looking printer. If I cannot get it to work you can get some spares from me haha.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Thanks for your answer Adam. I read this thread yesterday and to be honest, I cannot find the optic cable... I also cannot find it anywhere online so I'm not sure if there's one in this printer.
I thought it might be a shot in the dark. May need to give some of the tech people an hour or two to wake up and get that coffee in them before they head on to Signs101.

wleong

I have a JV300-160. When I started seeing messages like that, you can reboot the printer to clear the error but it eventually led to replacing the EPL main board in the printer. In my case, it was an EPL3 main board.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In my experience that error is usually either a bad slider board or bad cable between the slider board and main board. Make sure the connection between the slider board and main board is still solid. If the cable got pulled out half way or has any damage that will cause it. Unfortunately it's one of those errors that the manual just tells you to throw parts at. If resetting the cable doesn't do anything, change the slider board, the COM I/O board, and the main board in that order.

Edit: Also when the manual refers to waveform it is actually the signal being sent through the cable not the waveform used to print. Basically, the communication between the slider board, main board, and I/O board is getting corrupted somehow.

Last edited:

Ready

Ready To Go
Hello people,

First of all I would like to thank the forum. I bought a used Mimaki printer and it had some errors. With the help of the forums I was able to solve some errors already. There was a fuse blown on the PCB on top of the print head. After replacing that the pritner would turn on and I was able to read media.

But here's my problem, whenever I start to do a job or a testprint I get the following error:
ERROR 187, HDC SLEW RATE [_2 ]

The thing is that I bought this machine for only 500 euros since it didn't work. Now I was hoping to get it running before I start investing in it. I don't want to spend thousands of euros to later find out that it's a lost cause.

I hope any of you have an idea of what it could be and what I could check. I already measured all the fuses and I checked all the flatcables. I didn't replace anything, like I said, I don't want to invest yet.

Thanks very much in advance and have a nice day!
This is what I found... fairly detailed and worth reading...

Bob P

bdeleeuw1

Hey guys,

Sorry for responding so late. There was a service engineer coming last week and he finally came on Friday. He told me print head 2 was broken so we took that off and programmed the printer as a JV150 (with 1 printhead)
Now the printer prints, so that's something. He advised me to do a nozzle clean the whole weekend so I did. When I do the test print, this is the result. do you think it's worth savind or should I just go for a new head?

I found one online for only 800 $, so that's not so bad.

Thanks for your help!

Print test.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I found one online for only 800 $, so that's not so bad.

Be careful. $800 is significantly lower than not only list which is a ridiculous $2900, it's lower than a standard Epson DX7 head which is closer to $2000. Usually at such a lower price, it's a scam. I sell these heads so take this advice with some skepticism but, if I could sell them for $800 I would!

bdeleeuw1

Be careful. $800 is significantly lower than not only list which is a ridiculous $2900, it's lower than a standard Epson DX7 head which is closer to $2000. Usually at such a lower price, it's a scam. I sell these heads so take this advice with some skepticism but, if I could sell them for $800 I would!
You're probably right, I cannot find the website anymore...
Thanks very much for the tip.

Anyways, I also asked the mechanic if he has one that is used but still good he can sell it to me. They have a showroom and if the head shows even a little bit of wear they replace them so that's an option.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
you could try swapping the heads, if the first one is that bad the second one is probably clogged too.

you could manually pull a ton of cleaner through the head. Might work

like Jordan mentioned if you find a head under $2k just skip it

if you need any boards i had the same printer and we just scrapped it and I was going to post all the boards on eBay. Head and ink delivery problems, boards should be fine

bdeleeuw1

Hey guys,

Thanks for your responds. I had a mechanic here and the head 2 was broken. we unplugged it and reprogrammed the printer as a 150 with 1 head. Now it prints but the head 1 is completely clogged. I tried to wah it over a week with cleaner and it got better, but it's not showing all the colors.

I think I just need to buy a new head or sell the whole printer..

Thanks for your help.