• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33+Onyx: Printing unwanted corners

dacgraphics09

I'm running a JV33 and Onyx. When I print, I get these small unwanted corners bordering every single printed piece. Most of the time, I contour cut, and my desired crop marks (thicker and larger) are in the 4 corners of the layout...as they should be.

The problem is the presence of the roughly 1/2"x1/2" .5pt thick crop marks that border my print. When I do contour cut and the edges of the cut are white, I have to create a buffer area in the art file so the unwanted marks fall outside the cut area...other wise I will have a faint line where the cut split the crop mark.

I've been through the printer settings and onyx....and I have no idea where else try.

Here's a pic...http://www.flickr.com/photos/63921396@N04/5817574925/

Thanks

Lee

Last edited:

Letterbox Mike

in the rip queue, double-click the file, somewhere in there you can uncheck the print crop marks option and it won't print them.

I assume you're using a quickset for CutContour, if so, you can edit the quickset to not print the crop marks as well so you don't have to do it manually for every file.