• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 - y motor error overcurrent y:peak

force-ultimate

Evening all - after a paper jam our Mimaki JV33-160 is showing a ’error 43 - y motor overprint : peak´ error message. Does anyone know what that means exactly and what makes it different from the ‘:ave’ error which I’ve found references to?

I‘ve swapped the y motor with one from an identical machine, cleaned and then replaced the encoder strip, cleaned all the sensors, the pulley seems to be fine (but I can replace that if needs be), there is nothing blocking the movement of the head and the rails are greased. It does seem difficult to pull the head back towards the capping station though, the movement is much smoother in the other direction.

The strange thing is that I still get the error message with the replacement motor unplugged from the main assay, so not drawing power at all.

Any ideas?

force-ultimate

Good plan - I swapped it and replaced the fuse on the Main PCB board as well, for good mesure. Still have the same error, with the motor plugged in and disconnected.

I suspect I'm going to have to get a new Main PCB board and try replacing that...

Neil

I suspect I'm going to have to get a new Main PCB board and try replacing that...
Sounds a bit drastic. Can you alter the Y scan current?
I seem to remember doing that once, trying to quieten it down a bit - but I dropped it too far and would get that error every time it tried to move! I think I re-uploaded my parameter backup to fix that.. You may be able to increase it

force-ultimate

I can't get into the #ADJUST -> MOTOR CURRENT (stop current, x and y current) options because the motor power is off, I kicked out. I will try the parameter re-upload though. Thanks for the tip.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Peak - The motor experiences a short, high jump in current that caused it to shut off. It's usually due to a physical obstruction or electrical issue with the motor, regen resistance board. or main board.

Ave - The motor's average current is too high indicating drag on the system. Usually caused by a dirty rail or failing pulley/bearing.

force-ultimate

Great, thanks very much. The paper jam almost certainly provoked the Peak error in that case.

Parameter upload didn't get rid of the error message unfortunately. And so I have a new regen resistance board and main board on the way, will let you know how it goes.

force-ultimate

Ok so: main assay replaced, using the old regen resistance board, and parameters uploaded. I struggled with the station board - it wasn't happy at all and threw up a range of different sensor errors and even refused to show anything on screen. I swapped it out with a new one and replaced the station assay cable as well for good measure (the original one was 10 years old...).

I'll keep the old main board and will test it in another Mimaki JV33 when I have the time, to make sure it wasn't the station board/cable assay throwing up the motor errors (is this possible?).

The printer is now working and is much happier with its new Y Motor.

I had an odd error though on the first series of prints: Bi directional printing suddenly drops, leaving a faded Uni directional print. I've restarted both the printer and the RIP computer, seems to be ok now.

Any ideas what could make Bi directional printing suddenly stop (mid-print)? Or should I start a new thread for this?

Thanks for your help at any rate :)