• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki JV400-LX // Ricoh Pro L4160 latex printer

Eastwind

What’s up guys, (and girls)
I couldn’t find another thread with the same questions so I made a new one.

I’m having trouble with a “Mimaki JV400-LX” // “Ricoh Pro L4160” and don’t know where to turn to for some answers. I have two questions.
One, I have an abundant amount of Unused non opened ink that is experied and I was wondering if any of you have a way of using the ink for personal printing. It’s about a month past the expiration date and I would hate to discard so much money in ink. As some of you may know the printer will not print anything unless all of the inks are not expired. The other thing that sucks is only two out of nine cartridges are expired.

And the second question is do any of you know where I can get a whole sale amount or even mix my own cleaning solution? These little bottles go quick and are quite spendy.

I’m still learning this machine so any other advice is greatly appreciated too!

Happy printing <3

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What’s up guys, (and girls)
I couldn’t find another thread with the same questions so I made a new one.

I’m having trouble with a “Mimaki JV400-LX” // “Ricoh Pro L4160” and don’t know where to turn to for some answers. I have two questions.
One, I have an abundant amount of Unused non opened ink that is experied and I was wondering if any of you have a way of using the ink for personal printing. It’s about a month past the expiration date and I would hate to discard so much money in ink. As some of you may know the printer will not print anything unless all of the inks are not expired. The other thing that sucks is only two out of nine cartridges are expired.

And the second question is do any of you know where I can get a whole sale amount or even mix my own cleaning solution? These little bottles go quick and are quite spendy.

I’m still learning this machine so any other advice is greatly appreciated too!

Happy printing <3

You just have to find some new chips for those inks. Check out a 3rd party ink supplier or ask your local Mimaki dealer real nice. Then just switch the chip and the machine will think it's a new cartridge.

I'm not sure what Latex ink cleaning solution is comprised of but I'm pretty sure it's mostly alcohol which is probably deluded with something to keep it from drying out rubber parts.

Eastwind

You just have to find some new chips for those inks. Check out a 3rd party ink supplier or ask your local Mimaki dealer real nice. Then just switch the chip and the machine will think it's a new cartridge.

I'm not sure what Latex ink cleaning solution is comprised of but I'm pretty sure it's mostly alcohol which is probably deluded with something to keep it from drying out rubber parts.
Thank you for the reply!
I did find some chip options yesterday but today I found out through the rep you can turn the date back on the machine so it doesn’t think they are expired any more.

For those of you that find this thread in the future you do the soft shut off with the button under the screen panel. Hold “remote + function” then hit the power option and hold R+F till it loads into a new menu screen. I spent hours looking for this in the manual. Your welcome :) good luck happy printing <3

GeeProcessor01

can you PM me I am having the exact same issue w/ the inks and chips... How do I the date back on the machine.. I am not quite understanding your directions at least for my CJV300-160

Eastwind

can you PM me I am having the exact same issue w/ the inks and chips... How do I the date back on the machine.. I am not quite understanding your directions at least for my CJV300-160
So do the soft power off option. This is just the button on the front panel. NOT the main switches on the side. Leave those on. Let it shut down. Then you hold the remote and function button at the same time and hit the power button. Hold till the screen is fully loaded. Then you can have access to changing dates and other settings

Duncanduk

So do the soft power off option. This is just the button on the front panel. NOT the main switches on the side. Leave those on. Let it shut down. Then you hold the remote and function button at the same time and hit the power button. Hold till the screen is fully loaded. Then you can have access to changing dates and other settings

Thank you for the reply!
I did find some chip options yesterday but today I found out through the rep you can turn the date back on the machine so it doesn’t think they are expired any more.

For those of you that find this thread in the future you do the soft shut off with the button under the screen panel. Hold “remote + function” then hit the power option and hold R+F till it loads into a new menu screen. I spent hours looking for this in the manual. Your welcome :) good luck happy printing <3
Ive try that lot of times and nothing happens only can chanche one day but doesnt letme change the year or month