• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV300-160 issue (fuzzy lines)

Williaaamm

Hello,

There's something wrong with our Mimaki UV printer.
It rarely ever prints any sharp lines, they're very fuzzy looking.

The machine is clean, the nozzle test print looks good, no missing nozzles.
I've tried to adjust the intensity of the uv lamp to no success, I've also calibrated the head drop pos.
Running Mimaki OEM ink.

See the attached images.

Any lead on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ISSUE2.jpg
    ISSUE2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 270
  • ISSUE1.jpg
    ISSUE1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you have it professionally installed or did you do it yourself? It might be a head carriage height issue. I've seen a few of these Mimaki UV machines need an adjustment out of the factory.

Williaaamm

Did you have it professionally installed or did you do it yourself? It might be a head carriage height issue. I've seen a few of these Mimaki UV machines need an adjustment out of the factory.
I've installed it myself, i'll have to look into it.
Do you mean the whole carriage or just the head height?
How difficult is it to adjust?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately it's in the service manual and I can't give those out to the public. Sometimes people will have them here on signs101 and they aren't restricted like I am. It's not too bad of a procedure. It helps to have long feeler gauges. It would be the whole carriage and then you can adjust the head height after that to dial it in perfectly. I can't guarantee that's your issue but it's possible.

unmateria

Hi :) maybe is my mobile, but I only see ink limits problems (too much ink) and only large dots used instead of a mix (variable) or just small dots. I dont know about that machine or its rip but try to limit ink and setup dot size as smalldots only just for troubleshooting.

Williaaamm

Hi :) maybe is my mobile, but I only see ink limits problems (too much ink) and only large dots used instead of a mix (variable) or just small dots. I dont know about that machine or its rip but try to limit ink and setup dot size as smalldots only just for troubleshooting.
After doing some research it´s probably the density and thickness of the ink being the issue.

I'll try to play around with the number of passes to see if that makes a better difference, I'm not sure how to setup variable or small dots, I'm running Rasterlink 6 plus.

unmateria

On rasterlink 6, on color adjustment, you can limit the amount of ink. If you dont have an i1 or similar to make a proper linearization you can try and guess, but is not easy to have perfect results. Usually múltiple pass profiles use less ink per pass, so you will usually have more bleeding with fast/low passes profiles. A spectrophotometer here shines, so I suggest you to make an investment there so you dont waste time and money on each work to be printed correctly (specially on cheap or uncoated media)

Hello,

There's something wrong with our Mimaki UV printer.
It rarely ever prints any sharp lines, they're very fuzzy looking.

The machine is clean, the nozzle test print looks good, no missing nozzles.
I've tried to adjust the intensity of the uv lamp to no success, I've also calibrated the head drop pos.
Running Mimaki OEM ink.

See the attached images.

Any lead on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance.
head Hight move down position