• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UCJV300-160 UV lamp 1 overheating

CharlieSG

Hello, i have a Mimaki UCJV300-160 and the lamp 1 started giving me temp high error, if I continue printing then the machine gives UV UNIT OVER HEAT error 706 and turns off, I think the blower fan is really dusty and almost no air comes out, but I don’t know how to open it to clean it and can’t find anything on the manual on this topic, do you guys know how to open it and clean it? Any help or tip is appreciated

01.jpeg
02.jpeg
03.jpeg

Retro Graphics

Looking at mine as well, i think that screw in the front bottom holds that face on, at least it looks like it. I would also ask your vendor if they know anything, sometimes they can be helpful.
edit: front bottom on the outside corner, not the front face

Also you could try a "pc electronics" vacuum to clean the small exposed filter on the inside. They are designed not to cause an electro static shock to computer components. not sure the exact name but a coworker had one years ago to clean the dust out of the PCs are some of our sites at the time.