• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV300 Issue

So we have had our Mimaki UCJV300 for about 3 months now, have about 2000 linear/feet of material through it, and almost all of our printing is 3-4 layered printing on Clear Cling. I loaded up new media mid-day and it started printing like this. Our machine is CMYKclclww. Our tech hasn't been able to figure it out yet. I'm trying to see if anyone has come across something like this. I was also wondering if anyone has a service manual for it they could send me.

I tried printing a few test prints just from the menus and it looks like the yellow and black are reversed?

71745250446__537C0A8C-6F0A-42A6-9EE5-51F0C87E5064.JPEG

71745251829__48907F0E-700B-4964-99F6-FF11498E2C0E.JPEG

IMG_6682.JPEG
IMG_6686.JPEG

Smoke_Jaguar

For the dusting, check your head gap and maybe increase the vacuum force on the media to hold it down better. As for your colors, your check pattern should be CMYKClClWW, looks like a bottle got swapped (happens all the time). Take the bottles out, wipe down the tips with some low lint cloths with some rubbing alcohol to keep contamination down. If you have flush, run that to clear the channels, then do a few head cleanings or overflow sequences to purge the color. Yellow channel will suck the most as it's a light color contaminated with black ink. The black channel will look better faster.

Before doing anything though, dip a cleaning swab, paper towel, etc into the bottle station to check the color of the ink in the feed tank.

Just an update on this. I ended up wiping down the encoder and it printed perfectly again. I am not sure if something was on it or what. But the colors are printing in the correct sequence again and in perfect registration.

Smoke_Jaguar

Ahh, yeah, if the machine can't find it own position, things go to hell REALLY fast. Great printer, loving the heck out of my 107. Best $3500 I've dropped on a printer yet.

Smoke_Jaguar

Learning to fix these things makes great deals happen. Hence why I do what I can to pass on what help I can. Also get lots of it in return.