• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF 6042 MK II - Circulation/Flushing/Cleaning Error

colorgraphics

I 've bought a Mimaki UJF6042-MKii flatbed printer 3 years ago.
Seven months ago I started having the following problem: I would send a file to print and it wouldn't begin printing unless I pressed the machine's "Enter" key.
The reseller told me the "Enter" key problem was due to Head Number 4 (White) not reaching the correct temperature.

Five months ago the machine came to a total halt. A serviceman from the local reseller came and diagnosed several problems. He made repairs and changed the slider board and one ink tank.
The machine was responsive again but the "Enter" issue remained.

One month after the repair a new problem surfaced. During the machine's automated maintenance power-up the machine freezes with a circulation / flushing / cleaning error. It never completes these functions and stays on for hours untill I manually shut down and power up the machine.

I 've contacted the reseller many times but they can't give me a solution. They upgraded the firmware and we've tried changing the maintenance parameters with no luck.
Also thr latest firmware version has a Wiping setting that doesn't seem to work properly. While the setting is for 5 files the task happens in irregular intervals.
After the Wiping, sometimes one of the colrors (e.g. blue or black) doesn't print.

I'm happy with the print quality but extremely frustrated with these two issues.

I'm wondering if anyone is having a similar problem and can give me some pointers on what to do.

Thanks in advance.

dudeinthemoon

Check your both negative and positive pressures, you might need to replace air valves assy, and check, reseal or even replace all o-rings on air lines of subtanks.
Such as for printhead not registering the temperature this might be caused by few things, faulty thermo sensor on printhead, it can be fixed only with printhead replacement, or something wrong in antifreeze line

colorgraphics

Check your both negative and positive pressures, you might need to replace air valves assy, and check, reseal or even replace all o-rings on air lines of subtanks.
Such as for printhead not registering the temperature this might be caused by few things, faulty thermo sensor on printhead, it can be fixed only with printhead replacement, or something wrong in antifreeze line
Thank you very much for the pointers. I forwarded your answer to the local reseller and he is going to have a look at your suggestions.
He said that you might be right with the antifreeze line.

More suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.