• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-6042 Mk II

r0b

Morning,

Hope you are all well.

We have just pushed the button on a UJF-6042.

We are really undecided on which type of ink to go for. We like the idea of the hard inks with full scratch resistance, but feel we may miss out on business not been able to print anything flexible.

Has anyone else had this deliberation or currently running one?

Thanks,

Rob

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I haven't seen many 6042 owners on the site. There is a great facebook group that I would recommend though that has many 3042/6042/7151 owners with different ink configurations. Your question would get a lot of response there...
Good luck!

APCInk

Merchant Member
Morning,

Hope you are all well.

We have just pushed the button on a UJF-6042.

We are really undecided on which type of ink to go for. We like the idea of the hard inks with full scratch resistance, but feel we may miss out on business not been able to print anything flexible.

Has anyone else had this deliberation or currently running one?

Thanks,

Rob
Hey there Rob-

What do you think will be your main application? What did you print your samples on? the LH100 is a little flexible, however if you want more variety to be able to have indoor/ outdoor applications then thinking 150 or 120 ink would be a good idea but if your main application is something like wood tap pulls or acrylic then LH100 would be just fine. I recommend you test what you are going to print on. The really really nice thing about Mimaki printers is that if you change your mind later on with the assistance of a certified technician and some cost and parts you do have the ability to change your ink type or color configuration. You aren't locked in forever.

Good luck!

r0b

I haven't seen many 6042 owners on the site. There is a great facebook group that I would recommend though that has many 3042/6042/7151 owners with different ink configurations. Your question would get a lot of response there...
Good luck!
Morning Jim.

Much appreciated, i will have a go on that page!

Thanks,

Rob