• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UJV100-160 screen says outdated ink, anyway to reset the clock

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually Mimaki gives you 60 days after expiration before it locks you out. If it's not letting you continue then it's probably been longer than 60. You can try to get your hands on some new chips from a 3rd party ink supplier. I've heard of people removing the battery from the main board on other models to reset the system time but I don't know if on this machine anything else might get reset as well so do at your own risk.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Time to buy new ink. Keep an eye on the expiration dates of the ink you are buying from your vendor. If you are not getting ink that is at least 6 months out I wouldn't purchase it from them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Time to buy new ink. Keep an eye on the expiration dates of the ink you are buying from your vendor. If you are not getting ink that is at least 6 months out I wouldn't purchase it from them.
Also these machines came with the 2 liter bulk system by default. If you can't use the 2 liters in the expiration time, it's probably a good idea to switch to 440 cartridges.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Mimaki UJV100-160 screen says outdated ink, anyway to reset the clock on printer? Really need to print
Not sure if the UJV, is the same as the UCJV, but if you can get into the service menu, you can change the internal date on the printer. Go back 2 or 3 months to give yourself some extra time on the ink. Just don't go too far, it's not a good idea to use expired ink.