• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJV100-160 SOUND

Bought my first Mimaki UJV100/160 and i love it. Everything but the sound it makes.
Like every couple of minutes there is this biping sound.
It is driving me mad. Is there anyway to shut it of or to make it disapear

DecoW24

Hello

I guess it's the norm with this model, the plastic armor hits the cover.
Especially if you print from the very beginning of the table and the carriage movement has a large range.

Smoke_Jaguar

The chirping sounds you're hearing is likely the air pump. The UV printers use a vacuum/pressure system to fill the subtanks and the sound you're hearing is it maintaining that pressure. Not an indicator of a leak or anything, as the vacuum system is pretty much on-demand, but the pressure system has a reservoir (white 1L bottle inside the machine). Since the pump uses a stepper motor bolted straight to the steel body of the machine, the noise is decently loud. On one machine I cut a small piece of rubber out and used it as a spacer to help dampen some of the noise.

The most common air pump is based on a NEMA 17 stepper motor, so you can also go all pro and look for a "NEMA 17 Vibration Damper" on ebay/amazon and get one to do it all fancy-like. Commonly found in copiers, since those damn things are packed with steppers and usually run in environments where silence is demanded a bit more than a noisy print shop.

Attachments

• NEMA17Damper.jpg
    NEMA17Damper.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 32

dudeinthemoon

The 100 model line is all on brother heads, with dampers, so the ink system there isn’t pressurised and has no air pumps. It’s gravity fed plus ink/waste pump.
Only subtank models with ricoh or toshiba heads has air pressure system

dudeinthemoon

From which side you heard the sound, can you hear it constantly or only during some certain actions? Can you hear both when the machine printing and when idling? I saw a lot of ujv100 and played pinball few times but none of the 100s was sounding similar to it.
Can you make a video of the problem and share with us?