• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini bus wrap

bpatrick3

I need to quote a wrap for this mini bus and I have never wrapped a vehicle with the bulged out side rails.
The protrude off the bus as shown in the close up photo. How difficult are they to wrap? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0689 (1).jpg
    IMG_0689 (1).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0689 Cup.jpg
    IMG_0689 Cup.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 239

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We wouldn’t wrap the ribs. Failure waiting to happen. Just wrap everything around them.

Last edited:

papabud

Lone Wolf
i wrap those kinds of buses all the time.
the rub rails are easy but will suck up material so print stuff extra long.
the way i attack it is to work down to the rail. cut your material and reset it to do the rails and cut again at the underside and attack the flat area.
you can go up and over the rails without much trouble.
but a used bus has its own issues. the rust will kill you. that needs cleaned off first.
rivets.... i hate them.
anywhere you have metal overlapping or start and stop points will need to have the vinyl cut at. so use those to your advantage.
i would recommend a good scrub and buff before you start or you will have issues with stuff sticking.
all of this is billable.
its not an easy job to wrap a used bus so make sure you charge for all you can.
i always suggest people that wanna wrap a bus do it with a new one. and just do basic lettering on used ones.
its always a price for graphics vs length of service on the bus.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B

bpatrick3

i wrap those kinds of buses all the time.
the rub rails are easy but will suck up material so print stuff extra long.
the way i attack it is to work down to the rail. cut your material and reset it to do the rails and cut again at the underside and attack the flat area.
you can go up and over the rails without much trouble.
but a used bus has its own issues. the rust will kill you. that needs cleaned off first.
rivets.... i hate them.
anywhere you have metal overlapping or start and stop points will need to have the vinyl cut at. so use those to your advantage.
i would recommend a good scrub and buff before you start or you will have issues with stuff sticking.
all of this is billable.
its not an easy job to wrap a used bus so make sure you charge for all you can.
i always suggest people that wanna wrap a bus do it with a new one. and just do basic lettering on used ones.
its always a price for graphics vs length of service on the bus.
Thanks so much for your insight.

AKwrapguy

I need to quote a wrap for this mini bus and I have never wrapped a vehicle with the bulged out side rails.
The protrude off the bus as shown in the close up photo. How difficult are they to wrap? Thanks

So this can be a can of worms. Are you printing it or just installing? If it's a kit there's a good chance that the person who designed it didn't take into account the ribs. I would look at taking a 1 inch or 2 inch roll of making tape and run it from top to bottom and get an accurate measurement. Start at the top and work your way down and feed the material into the ribs.

bpatrick3

So this can be a can of worms. Are you printing it or just installing? If it's a kit there's a good chance that the person who designed it didn't take into account the ribs. I would look at taking a 1 inch or 2 inch roll of making tape and run it from top to bottom and get an accurate measurement. Start at the top and work your way down and feed the material into the ribs.
I am printing and Installing, The masking tape is a great tip. Thx

AKwrapguy

Does $3600.00-4200.00 sound crazy for wrap printed and installed

Sounds cheep.... For something like that I would be more in the $6000-$8000 range. Your biggest cost is going to be labor. If you've never done one before it's process and a time consuming one. Lining up the panels can be very difficult if you don't set it it up correctly.