• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More Printing Issues on the TrueVis VG2-640

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
It seems like the more I use this printer the more issues we tend to find. I printed 8 panels for a food trailer wrap that we were doing and 2 of the 8 panels printed with noticeable differences.
1628114497808.png

Now I did check the file that was given to me and everything was perfect. So today I went and reprinted a section of each of the panels on one side to see if it would do it again. The samples came out perfect. This issue happened one other time and that was back in Jan and Feb (I told my service guy June before double checking the date on the project). Does anyone know what would cause this? My coworker says it looks like the printer stopped using magenta. Whenever I do my test prints though the heads come back good.

I did have an issue with my magenta last week were it ran out during a print (the software didn't even warn me it didn't have enough ink for the print). When I changed it I thought everything would be fine because I never had an issue changing inks mid print however during the rest of the print it didn't put down magenta.

So could the issue be that the printer randomly doesn't put down certain ink?

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Are you in a climate controlled room? Temp ca cause some crazy color shifts. Also humidity. If you are getting different colors from warm to cold months that's where my head goes.

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
Are you in a climate controlled room? Temp ca cause some crazy color shifts. Also humidity. If you are getting different colors from warm to cold months that's where my head goes.
That option would make sense if we had more issues. It is in a climate controlled environment. It does get hotter than usual on some days however we never have the issue on those days.

LarryB

Maybe you need to replace your dampers. We had these issues with our old Soljet Pro-XCIII. I haven't had these issues my TruVis

WB

Only other thing that pops in my head is that the heater wasn't turned on and then got turned on.. Is the color shift consistent for the complete length of the panel?

LarryB

We also had an issue pop up today where the ink stops laying down. Friday we printed 80’ of Oracal calendared vinyl with a bright red background. Came back this morning to finish printing the job and the red is washed out and not bright red.

Come to find out at 40’ on the job the red started to wash out and not print vibrant. We did a test print and all of the colors print right. Ink levels do not show any low ink levels.