• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 print head height for different media

AliLiquidD

Hello ladies and gents. I'm knew to the whole forum thing, so I hope I'm doing this correctly and in the correct section.

A friend of mine got called back to active duty and got shipped over seas, and I'm trying to keep his business running while he's gone. When he gave me the basic rundown of all the machines, I remember that he said something about the printer head height switch that is on the mutoh valuejet 1204 being up or down depending on what media is being printed on. I thought he said up for banner material and down for paper and vinyl. Is that correct, or is it the opposite? I haven't been able to get in contact with him, and I have some vinyl on aluminum signs and a couple of banners I'm supposed to start on tomorrow.

Thanks for any help offered

Ali

SignosaurusRex

Welcome Aboard. UP for banner and DOWN for vinyl. Although, I almost always print everything with the head height in the UP position. Just remember to put it down when not printing.

TDFcustomSL

I keep it low for vinyl and high for banner, i tried printing vinyl with it up but the edges just arent crisp, almost like overspray around the image.

401Graphics

i wonder if theres something wrong with your printer. I can print super small text with the head up and it looks great.

TDFcustomSL

i wonder if theres something wrong with your printer. I can print super small text with the head up and it looks great.

ill print some small text tonight and send you a pic if i can get a good enough one to show what im talking about, after i get my color problem figured out