• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324x printing issue - NEED HELP PLEASE

jc30436

I can do a normal clean followed by a perfect nozzle check on my 1324x. Then I can print a solid black for about 2ft and the black fades to a dull green. I repeat the nozzle check, and have a perfect CMY, but no black. A head clean then gives me another perfect CMYK. Rinse and Repeat. Same thing happens again. I have cleaned all lines doing a longstore, and then recharged the unit with ink, and the same thing happened again. The maintenance station and cap are clean, and ink is traveling well. Should I change the dampers (valve head assembly), and if so, is there a way to change them without removing the printhead from the machine?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That sounds like a damper issue to me for sure. Unfortunately you can't replace them without taking the head out of that machine. It's one of the pains of that model unfortunately. In the past I have taken that cover off and cut the parts that get in the way of taking damper out so that the next time they change the dampers, they can do it without taking the head out. That way you can take the damper out but the cover still covers the electronics of the head. I'm sure it's not manufacturer approved though so do at your own risk.

jc30436

Thanks for responding. I changed out the dampers and the maintenance station today, and unfortunately it did not solve the problem, and has actually made it worse in my opinion. Now the black prints about a half inch, and the other colors start fading out at about 3 inches. The head cleans and nozzle checks before printing are nearly perfect, and the nozzle check after are almost non existent. I'm about at my wits end. I think I may have to have a tech come and fix it. It's nothing like my old 1204. Does anybody know of a tech that operates from Macon, or Savannah, Ga., or even Jacksonville, Fla.?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try James McGill - 270-243-0599

Also, now that you have new dampers, if it's doing the same thing, you might need to change the connectors and o-rings to get a better seal.

jc30436

I want to express my whole hearted thanks to Solventinkjet for your advice! You were spot on with everything! I was just about ready to turn this thing into a boat anchor! Now, it's printing as good, or better than it did when it was new! I'm going to put it back together over the weekend, and put it back to doing what I bought it for! I'm a week behind, but it wont take me long to catch back up the way it's printing! Thank you again