• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 - EO74Err CR2 Current (HELP)

Woodsey3

I started having issue 2 days ago with the carriage almost finishes print and stops on left side then throws the code. I have cleaned the T-Fence/encoder strip. I tried to run another print - same thing. Double checked everything over tried running another print which it only printed the registration line which is faded (brand new head & belt). Went ahead one more time after moving the head manually to check that nothing is catching and now it will not leaving capping station. Where to start - what all should I replace (learn how to) or is there a service technician in Michigan.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
CR overcurrent errors mean the motor is taking too much voltage to move and/or the main board isn't receiving encoder data. If the rail hasn't been cleaned and greased in a while, you might as well take care of that. Clean the encoder with some alcohol and a swab or lint free cloth as well. If the error continues, it's most likely the encoder sensor failing, bad bearings on the carriage or pulley system, or some other drag being introduced to the system. It is possible but less likely the motor itself or the main board. The older the machine is, the more likely it's the motor but like I said, those other smaller parts are usually the culprit.

Woodsey3

CR overcurrent errors mean the motor is taking too much voltage to move and/or the main board isn't receiving encoder data. If the rail hasn't been cleaned and greased in a while, you might as well take care of that. Clean the encoder with some alcohol and a swab or lint free cloth as well. If the error continues, it's most likely the encoder sensor failing, bad bearings on the carriage or pulley system, or some other drag being introduced to the system. It is possible but less likely the motor itself or the main board. The older the machine is, the more likely it's the motor but like I said, those other smaller parts are usually the culprit.
Replaced all the small parts suggested all the way up to the carriage - still having the same issue on left side as the carriage is returning home... What else could I check?