• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Freddiethe13th

Hello,

I recently acquired a Mutoh 1614 that has a bulk system installed,

I've been having trouble getting it to read the ink smart cards received with 3rd party ink (Jetbest)

They've repeatedly sent out replacement cards as well as the original set, but they either come up as ink end straight away or near end and then drop out,

The Magenta and Black aren't throwing up any errors now but they are replacements.

I read somewhere that updating the time on the printer might solve the problem?

I don't have the Mutoh software to do this and the printer isn't listed on the Mutoh website to register it probably because of it's age.

Is there a way to bypass this entirely? despite its age the printer is working fine apart from the smartcard issue.

kind regards

Fred

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are people online offering to crack your firmware so it doesn't need cards. Just be careful as with any cracked software, the source isn't always super legit. Other than that, your ink end sensors in the yellow and cyan are probably just broken. When they break, they default to flagging cards as near end or empty.

Freddiethe13th

thanks for getting back

What do the ink end sensors look like? are they in the carts?

I replaced these where they slot in but with the same issue

IMAG0713.jpg

Umca

Ink End sensor located under your part what on photo. It looks like short black arm with micro-switch. Usualy with bulk system that part is broken because cheap bulk cartridges bigger a little than original.
If it broken, it tells to the printer ink is near end. So, the printer reduce ink volume on cartridge to 5% even if it new. And, it will end soon.