• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624x print fades

Darion Judd

Hello! I am printing with a Mutoh 1624x. While printing anything over 2-3ft I notice that the print color kind of washes out. For example I’ll start printing a nice yellow and once the print gets about 2-3ft long it starts printing like a pastel color yellow. It’s not instant, it a very gradual fade. I am printing with Solaris ink, I have been since the printer was new. Never had this issue before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually that is going to be a damper issue. If you haven't changed them in the last 1 to 2 years I suggest changing them first. Same with the cap top if it hasn't been changed in the last year or so. While in there I would also flush the pump tubes to make sure they aren't clogging up.

Darion Judd

Good evening! Just changed the dampeners, Charged the ink, and replaced the maintenance station and we are still having the same issues. Any other advice would be greatly appricieated!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you using a bulk system? Any area where air might get in the ink line will cause the ink to drop out. Post an image of the issue. Maybe it isn't ink flow.

Darion Judd

So, we are running Solaris 440ml inks. We've changed all the dampeners. We are getting good nozzle checks on every color besides yellow. We just ran cleaner cartridges through the printer and noticed that the yellow sub tank never deflated like the rest when we charged the inks. The yellow sub tank always stayed filled with ink