• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1682SR XpertJet - Spitting

Stefan

Hi all,

we have a Mutoh 1682SR printer, and I'm curious about what people are setting the Spitting value at. Default for this machine from the manufacturer is a spitting value of 2. Is that a very conservative value? I guess you could bring ink comsumption down by increasing this value, but not sure it's worth it.

Opinions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I wouldn't worry about setting it too high. If the nozzles start to clog you can always run a cleaning to recover them and then lower the setting. All a spitting does is make it so any nozzles not being used at the moment are being fired into the spit sponge once in a while so that when they are needed, they are ready to go. So if you're printing a 100% yellow background on a large banner and then all of a sudden there are red letters that need to be printed, the magenta nozzles don't clog up while only the yellow ones are firing. So if you're printing lots of solid colors it is a good feature but if you're printing a lot of multi colored images it's not as important.

Stefan

Thanks for your reply, will try increasing the value step by step and see if everything still works out without any issues with the output.