• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1304 - Firmware ReInstall - Willing To Pay $ For Tech Walk Through

theprintfirm

Hey,

We are looking to wipe out and reinstall firmware on a Mutoh ValueJet 1304 or purchase a new main board and install new firmware.

Is anyone out there willing to walk us through the steps of installing, reinstalling or switching out the Firmware.

We have been through all the forums and to the Mutoh FTP site, but we need more technical advice.

Please contact me via PM if you are an experienced Mutoh tech or have lots of experience on the ValueJet's and their boards, mainboards and firmware.

We are willing to pay for advice or technical service via the phone.

Thanks in advance.

gzolee

before you replace it

check the head cable and the fuse on mainboard. There is a service manual with a step by step guide how to flash empty mainboard.

henryp

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/56/

Upgrading ValueJet firmware
Print
Email to friend
Add comment

Views: 3594
Votes: 0
Comments: 0
Posted: 07 Nov, 2007
by: Anderson R.
Updated: 13 Apr, 2009
Please Read and Review this entire process before attempting a firmware upgrade.

Download the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer to your computer desktop from HERE.

Unzip the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer.

It should unzip into a folder with the following files:
1. config.ini
2. DUMMY.cfg
3. MUTOH Maintenance Engineer Assistant.exe
If this Utility is moved or copied all files must move to the new folder.

You will also need two or more of the follow items:

1. Current IP address of your ValueJet printer. (Required)
One or more of the following file types are required for any of the downloading operations.
2. .jfl file for firmware update
3. .prm file for uploading or downloading the mainboard parameters
4. .mfl file for updating the heater firmware.

Current firmware for ValueJet Printers are located HERE. (locate your printer and the firmware folder)
( Saving the firmware to the same folder as the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant will keep all your files together, making them easier to locate.

To download firmware or parameters to your printer or to upload parameters from your printer to your PC:
Open up Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant.exe.
Open Setup, Option to set the current ValueJet IP address.

Place the ValueJet into firmware Load mode:
To access Firmware download mode on the ValueJet Printer, press and hold the Left arrow during power ON.
No delay is necessary.
Confirm that the IP address is correct and matches that of the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant
Press Enter to confirm.
Display should show "Waiting for command".

Open the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant and select the appropriate action. (i.e. Firmware Install)
If necessary, browse to the location of the firmware file. (.jfl)
Open the file, and Press OK in the dialog box to start the transfer..

Troubleshooting the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant:
If the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant starts in Japanese then select;
Setup, Language then English and restart the utility.

If the Mutoh Maintenance Engineer Assistant opens and the display is too small to view, close the Utility.
Open (edit) the config.ini file. Locate the following section and change the Width and Height to 450 and 500 respectively. Close the 'ini' file and restart the Utility. Do not delete or add any lines or characters.
[Window]
Top=225
Left=711
Width=450
Height=500

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/125/

I have been trying to dowlaod the maintenance engineer assistant amd the firmware for a VJ-1204 so I can repair a printer for a customer. I keep getting an error saying there is a connection failure. I am using ht elinks provided by you on your How do I upgrade FW instructions page and have had no luck for 3 days in a row. Am I missing something? Please advise ASAP.
Print
Email to friend
Add comment

Views: 2017
Votes: 0
Comments: 0
Posted: 05 Mar, 2009
Updated: 11 Mar, 2009
You need to enter the correct IP address in the MEA under options.

You need to put the printer into "Board Manager Mode"

Power off the printer,

And power on holding the Left Arrow button.

Verify that the IP address is correct and hit enter

theprintfirm

UPDATE - June 2012

Hey all,

I just wanted to provide an update. We have successfully rewrote the firmware on the mainboard from Xerox 8254E v2.03 to Mutoh ValueJet 1304 v1.00.

OLD: Version M/C: 2.03 / 1.12
Xerox Mainboard Firmware 2.03
Controller Firmware 1.12

NEW: Version M/C: 1.00 / 1.12
Mutoh ValueJet 1304 Mainboard Firmware 1.00

I do believe however I am going to need to purchase a new Controller Board and replace it with new firmware for the Mutoh ValueJet 1304 as I believe the current controller board still has the Xerox 8265 smart card reading firmware on it.

If any one has any other light on this subject that would be very helpful. I am willing to provide help and advice on how I rewrote the mainboard firmware. I am committed to switching this machine fully over to Mutoh. I have nothing good to say about Xerox and their feeble attempt to join the Wide Format market and their quick exit from the market.

Thanks again,

NOTES:
**For the past two years, we have been using Bulk Ink from Fieldcenter USA Inc and smart cards writing system from SolventCartridges.com. I have had great success with these two companies.

zapacituk

Hiya, can you please guide how to rewrite the printer version ? i bought a mainboard for my 1304 that has the 1204 printer on it, can i rewrite the printer version on it ? many thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hiya, can you please guide how to rewrite the printer version ? i bought a mainboard for my 1304 that has the 1204 printer on it, can i rewrite the printer version on it ? many thanks

Unfortunately you cannot change model numbers once they are installed. It's by design.

zapacituk

thank you for the response, the seller will send me an empty one, it should've been a new mainboard, bet they send me a used one that someone test it for his 1204, any idea from where i can source for 1304 the first version of firmware? i managed to source version 2.01 from Mutoh FTP, as I have read over the web it needs the first version of firmware than an update to version 2, many thanks!