• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Valuejet 1304 Width Problem

Andru

Hi , I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1304 of 54 inch roll and i have a problem with width when printing . When i want to print anything the printer leaves me 3/4 centimeters on left side margin does not print across the entire media width . I mention that I use the RIP-Center Onyx10 program and i made all te settings in program , I would like to know if the problem is with the printer or onyx , what I could do, someone has a solution ?
Thanks !

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
In order to print full width the 1304 needs to be printing in Uni-Directional Mode. There isn't enough room on the left side of the printer for the carriage to get back up to speed for the return pass in Bi-Directional printing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check through your printer settings for a setting called, "Margin". That's where you can adjust the amount of space it leaves on the sides. That being said, the machine is't really made to print edge to edge. You can do it but it's not really an official feature so you have to trick it.

Umca

Minimal margin for edges is 5 mm. It is a printer limitation. It possible to print full width if you will switch off media detection and locate edge of roll to zero print position. Be careful, it is very easy to make your print base and front media guide not so clean.