• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Valuejet 1324x Need Help Please!

JOrtiz

Hello, I've had my Mutoh Valuejet 1324x for about 4 years now and I'm having some issues, hopefully someone can help. I had issues with the ink flow, but I replaced the cap of the maintenance station and fixed that issue. I also replaced the wiper. Now when I print, it starts off good then fades out as it goes. I also have black ink splatters for some reason. I've ran tons of long cleans and initial charge runs. It works, but then the ink starts to fade again. I'm also not getting crisp lines, it looks almost like a mist out side the lines. I also have black running into my yellow. I've attached images below. I desperately need to get my printer back up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JOrtiz

Here are the images

Attachments

• 20211118_163651-min.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 199
  • 20211118_163705-min.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162

Joe House

I'd start with a new maintenance station (PN DG-41000)and wiper (PN DG-41001). You may need dampers (DG-41543) too, but I usually go with the maintenance station first.

Good Luck

jc30436

I can do a normal clean followed by a perfect nozzle check on my 1324x. Then I can print a solid black for about 2ft and the black fades to a dull green. I repeat the nozzle check, and have a perfect CMY, but no black. A head clean then gives me another perfect CMYK. Rinse and Repeat. Same thing happens again. I have cleaned all lines doing a longstore, and then recharged the unit with ink, and the same thing happened again. The maintenance station and cap are clean, and ink is traveling well. Should I change the dampers (valve head assembly), and if so, is there a way to change them without removing the printhead from the machine?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I have the same problem where my black is gone, then comes back. If I print double-strike, it's fine. The nozzles come in and out, but faster than yours. I thought it was the dampers or head and was told it could be a $60 part that goes bad but can be bypassed. I just found out about this last week and have just emailed the tech that told me of this. When I get the answer, I'll be happy to pass it along.

jc30436

Thanks for your response! I am just about at my wits end. I changed out the dampers last night, and today things are worse. the same thing is happening, only now I only get about a foot of black. I just ordered a maintenance station in the hope that will cure the problem. I'm sure open to learning about this part that can be bypassed, and would definitely appreciate any help you could offer.