• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet no ink after head installation

Drukfabriek

Hello,

I have installed a DX 5 head Including new cables, new dampers, new fuse. (Head on the main board)
Pulled out all of the air. Did a little charge a some strong cleanings.

I don’t get any errors while turning on the machine. When starting print I see very thin lines of the pattern of the graphic.

So the head is communicating but it it is not firing ink. Is this a main board issue is this a common problem?
Are there other fuses which has be tested if so which one ?

Any help would be greatful

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I have had to change several heads now. Make sure you put the cables back in the right order. Also the fuse was it on the main board. Sometimes it blows.

Drukfabriek

Thank you for your reply,

Yes the fuse has been changed (also tested with multimeter)

The cables : yes i did the exact installation

Dampers: I have checked again dampers for leakage everything fine.

I did several cleans but I don’t see ink pumping.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I did several cleans but I don’t see ink pumping.

Either the cap top has failed or the tubes are clogged. If the cap is older than a year, I would just replace it and flush some cleaning solution through the waste tube to make sure they aren't clogged. If the maintenance station as a whole is older than 2 years, the pump itself could be failing as well.

Also, it's fairly common when installing a DX5 into a Mutoh that the left side of the head gets caught on something and doesn't sit into position properly which makes it so you can't get a seal with the cap top. Just move the head carriage out over the platen and look at the gap between the head and platen. If it looks crooked, you just need to get back in there and wiggle it until it falls into place.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I agree with solvent inkjet. I have been known to do exactly like you and think what the heck. If you know you did it right sometimes it just helps going back and retracing everything. Sometimes it is just a connection that is not pushed in all the way. . I pray it starts working soon. I know how it is to be down for a long time. Keep us posted.

Drukfabriek

Hello Guys,
I quick update still no luck.. :confused:

I have reinstall the old dampers as a Mutoh technician adviced me to do that.
Pulled the ink and installed it on the pins of the head
But no luck i have checked the head again and the pins
See this video : https://we.tl/t-NrQYmPLPOG

Maybe iam missing something

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It looks like you recently replaced the maintenance station based on how clean the tubes are. I also noticed that no ink was flowing thru the maintenance station tubes. Sometimes you need to wet the cap before it will start to seal on the head, especially if it is a new head and new maintenance station. Put some of the eco-solvent cleaning solution into the cap and park the head on top of it, then run a strong/long cleaning and see if any ink goes thru the system.

Drukfabriek

It looks like you recently replaced the maintenance station based on how clean the tubes are. I also noticed that no ink was flowing thru the maintenance station tubes. Sometimes you need to wet the cap before it will start to seal on the head, especially if it is a new head and new maintenance station. Put some of the eco-solvent cleaning solution into the cap and park the head on top of it, then run a strong/long cleaning and see if any ink goes thru the system.
Ok,

Thx for fast reply Chris i will try now.
Keep you posted.

Sam

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree. Also the dampers aren't crushing. As soon as the pump starts running the little circles in the damper should get sucked in and you can hear a crinkle sound from the plastic.

Also, it looks like that's an aftermarket station as it has a blue wiper in it. I've seen issues with those through the years which is why we only sell OEM ones these days.

Drukfabriek

I agree. Also the dampers aren't crushing. As soon as the pump starts running the little circles in the damper should get sucked in and you can hear a crinkle sound from the plastic.

Also, it looks like that's an aftermarket station as it has a blue wiper in it. I've seen issues with those through the years which is why we only sell OEM ones these days.

Hello !

Well i got it running !! i did as follows:

- I did a head soak for 1 night

A Mutoh technician adviced me the following steps:

Go to maintenance menu -> Update the parameters of the head -> codes are written on the head small white
sticker (due to voltages). The Printer will ask for a little charge press cancel -> switch off machine.

I also did a re installation of maintenance station with the head on top after i checked if the head was fully positioned
Then i've tighten all screws.

From there i did a 5 cleans, (after 5th one i wanted to quite no hope..) but then i got it running..

I directly started producten and it was succesfull till now.

Guys thank you very much for your support!
If someone facing same issue's they can follow these above steps!

Happy Printing
Sam

Last edited:

unmateria

I agree... And those "aftermarket" dampers are even more terrible than the wipers lol years ago werent so bad but now is a time consuming lottery