• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VC-1300 problems

Proline Design

So I have a vc-1300 and this issue has caused me problems since it was new. At first it was very random and I chalked it up to user error but now it is happening often. What happens is it will randomly turn itself offline. I've lost 3 prints this week from it. When it is sitting waiting to cut you can hear it randomly going offline and back on. Also sometimes when loading a job it will not let you select an arrow as if the keypad is not working. Sometimes when this happens the down arrow will make it turn offline. Sometimes when you press the left arrow to setup for a contour cut it acts like it hangs up and just travels all the way across and then turns itself offline. I have pulled all of the covers looking for loose connections or loose grounds and can not find anything. I am leaning towards replacing the keypad but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this sort of issue before and had any input. I am also having a lot of trouble contour cutting correctly but that's a whole other problem if I cant even get the machine to work so I can try to do the calibration.

Any help is much appreciated before I just start swapping out parts.