• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1304 take up reel issue

JTurner

After setting my take up reel on my 1304 it'll roll up a few inches of the wrap then the tension bar will move back to the position that its stored instead of following the material back down and starting the process over. Makes having the take up reel pointless. Anyone ever come across this same issue?

Thanks,
JT

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds like the upper cut off switch is closing to late so the bar gets pulled up too high past the tipping point.
As far as I know there is no external adjustment for this (I looked in the take up reel user's guide)
Looks like you will need to take the covers off the winding assembly and see if there is a way to adjust the switch to cut the winding motor off earlier.

wayne k
guam usa

h82loose

Does this happen during printing or after the print is done?
post pictures of take up with close up of both ends.

Graphics2u

Sounds like the upper cut off switch is closing to late so the bar gets pulled up too high past the tipping point.
As far as I know there is no external adjustment for this (I looked in the take up reel user's guide)
Looks like you will need to take the covers off the winding assembly and see if there is a way to adjust the switch to cut the winding motor off earlier.

wayne k
guam usa
+1