• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1304E printing problem

vali.bodnarescu

Hello Guys! I have an Mutoh Vj 1304E and i have an "color" printing problem.I use FlexiSign as software and from few days back,the prninter started to print almost everything with an pink tint to all the graphic.I cleaned the head,checked the settings on the RiP, everything looks fine as it was printing before.Also when i print for example BW graphics, from like the half of the printer to the left side of it its applying same pink tone to the whites,but just to the midlle-left part of the metrial.Any thoughts of what may be the problem ? Thank you!

Attachments

• 55dfe701-2b0b-4472-bbf1-30a9cda127bd.JPG
    55dfe701-2b0b-4472-bbf1-30a9cda127bd.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 3045f6f3-26ff-444c-b13c-7af7b9005d55.JPG
    3045f6f3-26ff-444c-b13c-7af7b9005d55.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 93

mbsignsdirect

Im having the same issue. Seems like no matter how I set my Mutoh VJ1324 to print, it is printing magenta on top of any image. Did you find any solution?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello Guys! I have an Mutoh Vj 1304E and i have an "color" printing problem.I use FlexiSign as software and from few days back,the prninter started to print almost everything with an pink tint to all the graphic.I cleaned the head,checked the settings on the RiP, everything looks fine as it was printing before.Also when i print for example BW graphics, from like the half of the printer to the left side of it its applying same pink tone to the whites,but just to the midlle-left part of the metrial.Any thoughts of what may be the problem ? Thank you!
What does your nozzle check look like? Have you changed dampers within the last year to year and a half?

m having the same issue. Seems like no matter how I set my Mutoh VJ1324 to print, it is printing magenta on top of any image. Did you find any solution?
Your issue sounds like it could be a little different. If it's printing passes of magenta over everything, it could be electrical. Post a picture.

mbsignsdirect

Yesterday I found some pinched wires by the printer head lever for moving it up and down. I moved them over and spread them apart so they would not be touching.
When looking close, you could see the insulation had a slit where it was being pinched. I also cleaned some of the leads on the ribbons and other connections with electrical contact cleaner.
Its printing normal now.

Attachments

• print_magenta_over_everything.jpg
    print_magenta_over_everything.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 78
  • lever_pinched_wires.jpg
    lever_pinched_wires.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 77
  • head_up_wires_under_pinched.jpg
    head_up_wires_under_pinched.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 86

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yesterday I found some pinched wires by the printer head lever for moving it up and down. I moved them over and spread them apart so they would not be touching.
When looking close, you could see the insulation had a slit where it was being pinched. I also cleaned some of the leads on the ribbons and other connections with electrical contact cleaner.
Its printing normal now.
Yeah that happens when there is a short in the head circuit so a dirty cable can totally cause it. Sounds like you got it figured out!