• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Vj 1324

Hi,
I was cleaning wiper blade area and capping station. After cleaning I start the printer and after few times cleaning I did the nozzel check my black nozzel was not printing. I about 10 time cleaning but no black. During the clean the ink cartridges were out from the printer because front panel cover has to be taken off to access the clean station area. The printer was asking Life time ink pump. which I clear in diagnositic mode. I don;t understand what could cause the black nozzel not to print. Please help.

guitarguy69

Did you have cleaning cartridges in when you ran the cleans, or were the slots empty all together? If nothing was in the ink slots when you ran a cleaning, you now have some air in the ink lines. Little charge may be necessary to get ink back into the lines. If that fails, you may need to use a syringe to siphon ink to your dampers. I hope I understand your question correctly.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most likely you need a new cap top. The black channel on that machine is on the edge of the print head so when the cap top starts to fail, black usually is one of the colors to fail first. It could also be time for a new damper but I would put my money on the cap top.

unmateria

Hi, did you ever get the issue resolved? What was it? Having same problems...
Hi Mantua :) its a common problem. First... Do a strong clean and look if ink is going into the waste ink tank. If no ink ... Put a Y tube to the tubes that Go to the waste ink deposit and suck with a syringer until It gets ink. If no ink at all there is a problem with the pump, the tubes or the capping station. Do you use the machine everyday? Are u using cheap inks? Dont worry at all. Its a common problem and solutions are easy. I Will post a video with the solution when you tell me more data

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

mantuasign

Hi Mantua :) its a common problem. First... Do a strong clean and look if ink is going into the waste ink tank. If no ink ... Put a Y tube to the tubes that Go to the waste ink deposit and suck with a syringer until It gets ink. If no ink at all there is a problem with the pump, the tubes or the capping station. Do you use the machine everyday? Are u using cheap inks? Dont worry at all. Its a common problem and solutions are easy. I Will post a video with the solution when you tell me more data

Unfortunately, all parts that could possibly be the culprit have been replaced, including dampers, lines going to the dampers, lines underneath the dampers, manifold, cap top, wiper, f2 fuse, subtank assembly, and ink cartridges. Use only mutoh ink, printer is always left on and maintenance station works as it should (also less than a year old), I have suction (can pull ink from underneath cap station, and ink is moving through waste lines into waste tank. Valves are working. No air in the lines. Head is only a year old. Also, this is the second time this has happened, and only replacing the head has fixed the issue. Worked flawlessly for a year until it started happening again.

unmateria

Unfortunately, all parts that could possibly be the culprit have been replaced, including dampers, lines going to the dampers, lines underneath the dampers, manifold, cap top, wiper, f2 fuse, subtank assembly, and ink cartridges. Use only mutoh ink, printer is always left on and maintenance station works as it should (also less than a year old), I have suction (can pull ink from underneath cap station, and ink is moving through waste lines into waste tank. Valves are working. No air in the lines. Head is only a year old. Also, this is the second time this has happened, and only replacing the head has fixed the issue. Worked flawlessly for a year until it started happening again.
Check under capping pad, both tubes connected and both tubes on the pump cleaned inside. If still problem, suck from the top of the printhead, not from under the pump. Suck slowly several times from there

mantuasign

Check under capping pad, both tubes connected and both tubes on the pump cleaned inside. If still problem, suck from the top of the printhead, not from under the pump. Suck slowly several times from there

All the lines are flushed and clear. What do you mean by suck from top of print head?

unmateria

All the lines are flushed and clear. What do you mean by suck from top of print head?
The dirty is inside the head, and Will not pass the piezo sucking from the pump, but you can suck It from the top of the head (the pin where you put the damper). Sometimes the dirty is only in the plastic conducts between head and damper. Usually happens to us with some bulk inks

unmateria

Wait until monday and i will upload a video if you want doing that on an old head :)

Enders1242

I have an issue with my 1324x. I don’t have blue on my nozzle check lately and I replaced the capping station, and put a new print head on. It worked for a good hour and I lost my blue again. Any ideas?

mark galoob

Did u charge the lines. I’ve had this happen...air bubble gets in and u have to go back and pretend it’s a new printer and charge them

Enders1242

Yup, tech thinks it may be the ribbon cable or the CR board. Does that make any sense or are the just naming stuff off?

Umca

VJ1324 printer model has a constructive problem. It is blocking valves which located in ink lines between cartridges and printhead. I saw some valve does not worked properly and do not open. So, first of all check the valve on problematic ink line. Temporary (or permanent) solution can be to place part of plastic sheet on valve needle. As on the picture. It goes a needle upper and open the valve.

Attachments

• VJ1324_Valves.jpg
    VJ1324_Valves.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 257

Jaime IL

VJ1324 printer model has a constructive problem. It is blocking valves which located in ink lines between cartridges and printhead. I saw some valve does not worked properly and do not open. So, first of all check the valve on problematic ink line. Temporary (or permanent) solution can be to place part of plastic sheet on valve needle. As on the picture. It goes a needle upper and open the valve.
Did adding the plastic on the valve chokes work for you? I just tried it and still have no magenta, I am at a loss.