• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1638 Dual Head Valuejet E189 Err, Head Heat 2

bull3t

Hi guys,

I have a mutoh 1638 and I'm getting an E189 Err, Head Heat 2 error. From reading on here I'm thinking it's a CR Board issue. Both heads are printing perfectly, so I don't think it's a head. The error comes and goes, but when it comes it interrupts the print. Anyone ever get this error message or have any idea on what it could be?

Umca

It happened because CR_FFC cables damages by clamp.
This problem can be solved by replace top CR_FFC cable. Mutoh recomends also to replace cable clamps for new style clamps.
Or you can install firmware v.2.07 or later and switch off parameter for HeadHeat error and leave old cables.

MagnetStew

Intermittent Head Heat Error is due to the CR Cables. Constant Head Heat error is either the head or the Main board. The problem is "almost" never the CR board. When I say almost, it is extremely rare for the CR board to go bad.

tradeup

My mutoh is on firmware 3.?? not sure exactly which one but getting same error. Can I change the perameter on it? if so how do I do it? Please help! brand new print heads and still getting error atleast once per day

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Could you share this information with me

Head heat errors almost always mean there is a short in the system. Usually it's a dirty or damaged head cable but it could also be a bad head, trailing cable, main board, or any electrical component in between. I usually start with head cables.